How can we help you with E1-E2 Treaty Trader and Investor Visa?

The Immigration and Nationality Act provides treaty trader/investor nonimmigrant status for a national of any of the countries with which an appropriate treaty of commerce and navigation exists.

An individual who wishes to go to the U.S. to carry on substantial trade, principally between the U.S. and his/her own country, may apply for a treaty trader visa (E1). Someone who is going to the United States to develop and direct the operations of an enterprise in which he/she has invested, or is actively in the process of investing, a substantial amount of capital may apply for a treaty investor visa (E2). The category is popular because unlike the L-1 category, it is not necessary to maintain a business outside the U.S. and also because unlike L-1 status, E-1 and E-2 visas can be renewed without limits.

Additional Resources:


Contact Us

For more information on how Siskind Susser can help you, call us at 901-682-6455 (U.S.) or 800-343-4890 (International).