Greg Siskind has been helping immigrants and serving as a leader in the national immigration bar for more than three decades. Greg began practicing law when he was 22 after receiving his bachelor’s degree from Vanderbilt University and his law degree from the University of Chicago. He co-founded Siskind Susser, PC – Immigration Lawyers in 1994 and Visalaw Ventures in 2019 and IMMpact Litigation in 2020.
Greg is the author of seven books and hundreds of articles and book chapters. He is also the author of a number of immigration-related pieces of legislation and has testified as an expert in front of the US House of Representatives Immigration Subcommittee.
In 1994, he created www.visalaw.com, the first immigration law firm website in the world. That same year, he began publishing Siskind’s Immigration Bulletin, a newsletter that was the first electronically distributed law firm newsletter. The newsletter is still going out to tens of thousands of people every month. In 1998, he became the first lawyer in the world with a blog and in 2016, he became one of the first lawyers to begin publishing artificial intelligence immigration tools for both lawyers and consumers. He is a co-founder of Visalaw Ventures, which is the parent company of software company Visalaw.ai and book publisher Alan House.
Greg was the first immigration lawyer ever photographed for the cover of the American Bar Association Journal, and he is regularly interviewed by publications like USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Time, the Washington Post, NPR’s All Things Considered, Forbes and Bloomberg. He was named by Who’s Who in Corporate Immigration Law on its list of the ten most distinguished lawyers in the world and by Chambers and Partners as one of the top 25 immigration lawyers in the US. He is one of the founders of Visalaw International, the global alliance of immigration lawyers (www.visalawint.com). He currently serves as a member of the Board of Governors of the American Immigration Lawyers Association.
- The American Immigration Lawyers Association Practice and Procedures Manual (the “AILA Cookbook”)
- J-1 Visa Guidebook, published annually by LexisNexis since 1997.
- Lawyers Guide to Marketing on the Internet, a bestselling book published in three editions by the American Bar Association Law Practice Division
- The Employer’s Immigration Compliance Desktop Reference, published by the SHRM – the Society for Human Resource Management
- The Medical Waste Handbook, published by WestGroup in 1994
- Immigration for Startups: A Guide for Founders
- The Physician’s Immigration Handbook
- The I-9 and E-Verify Handbook
- Author of chapters in books Immigration Options for Physicians, Immigration Options for Nurses, Immigration Options for Academics and Researchers and Immigration Options for Religious Workers, and Immigration Options for Investors published by American Immigration Lawyers Association
- 2023 Who’s Who Legal Global Elite Thought Leader
- 2023 Who’s Who Legal Thought Leader – USA – Corporate Immigration
- Listed in National Law Journal’s 2023 Immigration Law Trailblazers
- 2020 winner of the annual Advocacy Award from the American Immigration Lawyers Association
- 2022 winner of the American Bar Association James E. Keane Award for e-Lawyering
- 2022 co-recipient of the annual Litigation Award from the American Immigration Lawyers Association
- World’s Ten Most Distinguished Immigration Lawyers – Who’s Who in Corporate Immigration Law (research partner of the ABA International Section)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® in Immigration Law
- Listed in Mid-South Super Lawyers
- Listed in Business Tennessee magazine’s 150 Best Lawyers
- Listed in Chambers and Partners top 25 Immigration Lawyers
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Expert testimony in front of the US House of Representatives Immigration Subcommittee 2007
- American Immigration Lawyers Association – Board of Governors from 2010 – present
- IMG Taskforce (the physician immigration bar organization) – chairman for more than a decade
- Tennessee Bar Association – founded immigration section
- Memphis Bar Association
- American Bar Association – past Law Practice Division council member and chair of the Publications Board
- International Bar Association – current vice-chair of the Immigration and Nationality Law Committee
- Tennessee, 1990
- Vanderbilt University, BA, 1986
- University of Chicago Law School, 1990