Greg Siskind is a founding partner of Siskind Susser, PC – Immigration Lawyers, and has been practicing law since 1990. Greg began practicing law when he was 22 after receiving his bachelor’s degree from Vanderbilt University and his law degree from the University of Chicago.
Greg is the author of seven books and hundreds of articles and book chapters. He is also the author of a number of immigration-related pieces of legislation and has testified as an expert in front of the US House of Representatives Immigration Subcommittee.
In 1994, he created www.visalaw.com, the first immigration law firm website in the world. That same year, he began publishing Siskind’s Immigration Bulletin, a newsletter that was the first electronically distributed law firm newsletter. The newsletter is still going out to tens of thousands of people every month. In 1998, he became the first lawyer in the world with a blog and in 2016, he became one of the first lawyers to begin publishing artificial intelligence immigration tools for both lawyers and consumers.
Greg was the first immigration lawyer ever photographed for the cover of the American Bar Association Journal and he is regularly interviewed by publications like USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Time, the Washington Post, NPR’s All Things Considered, Forbes and Bloomberg. He was recently named by Who’s Who in Corporate Immigration Law on its list of the ten most distinguished lawyers in the world and by Chambers and Partners as one of the top 25 immigration lawyers in the US. He is one of the founders of Visalaw International, the global alliance of immigration lawyers (www.visalawint.com). He currently serves as a member of the Board of Governors of the American Immigration Lawyers Association.
- J-1 Visa Guidebook, published annually by LexisNexis since 1997.
- Lawyers Guide to Marketing on the Internet, a bestselling book published in three editions by the American Bar Association Law Practice Division
- The Employer’s Immigration Compliance Desktop Reference, published by the SHRM – the Society for Human Resource Management
- The Medical Waste Handbook, published by WestGroup in 1994
- Immigration for Startups: A Guide for Founders
- The Physician’s Immigration Handbook
- The I-9 and E-Verify Handbook
- Author of chapters in books Immigration Options for Physicians, Immigration Options for Nurses, Immigration Options for Academics and Researchers and Immigration Options for Religious Workers, and Immigration Options for Investors published by American Immigration Lawyers Association
- 2020 winner of the annual Advocacy Award from the American Immigration Lawyers Association
- World’s Ten Most Distinguished Immigration Lawyers – Who’s Who in Corporate Immigration Law (research partner of the ABA International Section)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® in Immigration Law
- Listed in Mid-South Super Lawyers
- Listed in Business Tennessee magazine’s 150 Best Lawyers
- Listed in Chambers and Partners top 25 immigration lawyers
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Expert testimony in front of US House of Representatives Immigration Subcommittee (2007)
- American Immigration Lawyers Association – Board of Governors from 2010 – present
- IMG Taskforce (the physician immigration bar organization) – chairman for more than a decade
- Tennessee Bar Association – founded immigration section
- American Bar Association – past Law Practice Division council member
- International Bar Association – current vice-chair of the Immigration and Nationality Law Committee
- Tennessee, 1990
- Vanderbilt University, BA, 1986
- University of Chicago Law School, 1990