R-1 nonimmigrant visas are available to religious workers including ministers and those working in religious vocations or occupations. To qualify, a person must be a member of the employer’s religious denomination for at least two years and the employer must be a nonprofit organization which includes most churches, synagogues, mosques and temples as well as many institutions affiliated with them. R-1 visas must be initially approved by USCIS and the agency will normally inspect the employer’s facility before or after approving the R-1 visa. The R-1 is valid for up to five years and can be converted to a green card after two years of work in R-1 status (unless the applicant already had two years’ experience prior to entering the US).

Contact Us

For more information on how Siskind Susser can help with your Business Immigration related matter, call us at 800-343-4890 (U.S.) or 901-682-6455 (International).

Additional Services

Featured Articles

View All Articles
I Accept

This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. If you continue using our website, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on this website and you agree to our Privacy Policy.